Thursday, August 9, 2012

What a day...

Wow! That is all I can say. Today has been an exceptionally hard day. Camden has fought me every step of the way, and as much as I will love his strong willed-'ness' when he is an adult, I don't necessarily love it now. He is at such a challenging age. He wants to assert himself, but doesn't want to listen to anything that Mom has to say. When Dad comes home, it's a different story. I literally had to chase him down the sidewalk this evening so he wouldn't get run over by a car.  I love that he plays chase with his friends, but I DO NOT want to play chase with him down the road...not cool.

On another note, I have been trying to remember how lucky I am that I get to be home with my babies everyday. I know that so many moms want to be in my shoes, but let me tell you, it is not easy. Every day is a struggle. At the end of the day though, I do thank, God, for blessing me with my beautiful, healthy babies and for the lifestyle that we have. 

Some awesome things that my boys are up to these days:

1.) Camden is getting better and better everyday at talking in sentences. He loves to use them...A LOT. Steven and I were joking this morning about how he will repeat himself several times until you acknowledge what he says. Just like his momma...I hate to be ignored! ;) 

2.) Cooper is sooooo close to crawling. Last night he actually did the exact motion that he should have but backwards, so I know it will be here soon. The only bad thing is that I will then be looking for both he and his brother. The good thing is that he will be able to TRY and get away from his big brother. Bless his heart...

3.) Camden is so cute. Every time we pass Chipotle, he screams, "Mommy look, poltle!!" What can I say, the boy loves Chipotle. 

4.) Cooper is now 8 months old and learning about the world around him. He loves to look up as far as possible and see everything going on outside of his car seat. He is so ready for a big boy seat, just like his big brother!


Even though I have a lot of crazy things going on in my life, every day holds something new and even when annoying, its still exciting. 

Until next time,
B

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. I've been there when Mason was at that age. Thank goodness each day is a new start.

    ReplyDelete